Friday, August 26, 2011

Pictures From The Past Few Weeks

Uncle Tony and Auntie Jen came down to the DR for a long weekend. It was great that they were here to celebrate Grace's 4th Birthday.

For Grace's Birthday we went to a mall called MegaCentro.  It has an amusement park for kids inside of the middle of the mall.  The rides were a lot of fun and Grace and Wyman were never afraid unlike their parents.



As if Mommy and Daddy had planned it, Mickey Mouse was at the Acropolis Mall in Santo Domingo at the same time we were there for Grace's Birthday.  How do you figure?  She also had her Tinkerbell dress on.


We went to the beach on Saturday with Tony and Jenn so Grace could wear her new "bikini."  She also calls Zuchini "bikini, so that got a little confusing at first.  Daddy was definitely on the lookout for guys that were looking at his daughters new outfit.  She can wear all the bikinis she wants until she turns 10.


Ah yeah, that is me with icing dribbling from my mouth.  How do you figure that there is a Krispy Kreme in downtown Santo Domingo.  JACKPOT!  We sealed the deal with a few dozen.  Yes, a few dozen.  I had to buy a dozen for the guards that never had Krispy Kreme.  They must have thought that they died and went to Peachtree street in Atlanta.



I promised Wyman a camp out in the living room and Mommy and Gracie joined in on the fun.  We watched a movie, ate popcorn, and tried to sleep.  It is amazing how much kids move in their beds at night.  I think I got karate chopped 6 times in the ribs and chin.  All in good fun!


I know he looks scared, but he is really ok.  I am a pro at cutting hair.  Just ask Jason Couch.  He had to go to school each day and teach with a bald spot on the side of his head.  All in good fun!

The first day of school and we are ready.  Mommy and Daddy were ready for school to start, but were very nervous and sad to see them off in the morning.  Very few people speak english in their "Bilingual school".  No problema.  Estan listo!



I am so proud of my wife (here pictured with Josh, Toni and Debbie).  She has worked so hard and is doing extremely well with her spanish.  4 days per week, 3 hours in class, 2-3 hours out of class.  I will sound so much more romantic when I speak spanish to her...and she understands it.


It has been a joy to go to study spanish each morning.  Mercy and Julio are wonderful people and great teachers.  We are not faking, we do smile a lot while we work. 


Julio nos ensena como decir "Hola".




Donna King, Don King's long lost grandaughter.  Just kidding.  We heard it was Don King's Birthday so we had some fun with Gracie.


Picture of the month.  Of course I am extremely biased.  I was very sad taking my two little ones to class.  I got over it pretty quickly though.  


No comments:

Post a Comment