Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday School in San Jose

                          Every Sunday I get the opportunity to share a lesson from the Bible to 20-25 kids in San Jose. I am so blessed to be able to spend time with these beautiful children. Today we talked about Fruit of the Spirit from the book of Galatians. I read from a book that Trot Nixon's wife Kathryn wrote called, "El Espiritu en Beisbol." After reading the book, I showed the kids a rotten orange and a ripe, red apple and explained what Christ does in our hearts when we surrender to Him (we become a beautiful and sweet apple to those around us). The kids did such a great job listening and contributing to the lesson. After the lesson, I passed out a picture of a tree with the fruit of the spirit inside of it in order for them to color. I also gave them some Double Bubble gum to chew on. Mixing baseball with a Bible lesson brings me a lot of joy.  Here is a picture of the group when we finished.


Here is a video from today to give you a little bit of an idea of what a church service is like for us here.



No comments:

Post a Comment