Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Right Time For Rest

I would like to thank all the people out there that have been praying for the Shaheens this past week.  Some of you may not know this, but we did not end up in the DR this week.  Last Saturday night, I made a decision to keep my family here at home in order to rest.  Jodi had not slept in a few days and the kids were starting to get sick.  I was also exhausted from the first two months of the baseball season.  We are all rested now (Saturday, March 26th) and are ready to enjoy the last few months in Georgia before heading out to the DR. Again, thank you for all of the prayers.  We felt your prayers all week.  Although Jodi and I were excited and ready for a 5 day trip to the DR, God had other plans for us and we learned a lot from Him this week.  I would like to especially thank Jennifer Emerich, Mike and Beth Mann, Tony Kenney and Bob Wiedemann who all came at a moments notice to give us some relief earlier in the week.  I would also like to thank Gus and Illeana Hernandez for getting our house ready for us in the DR.  We are excited for that day we step foot into that home.

Please pray for discernment and  peace for us over the next few months in regards to our home selling situation.  Pray also that God prepare us for our new journey. 

In His grip,
Mike, Jodi, Wyman and Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment